Wednesday, September 16, 2009

" Canned Living " what is that ?

Definition = Apartment

I have not "rented" in 30 years .

A change of scenes for 8 months = move from our home in Seabrook to Clear Lake City into an apartment.

This means I will have to see every body's gig every day for 8 month's in order to move West to the mountains.The house is sold and the living accommodations
are changing also !

A sacrifice necessary to make this happen for us. No more private boardwalk and hot tube until I resettle in Ft Davis.I will miss our home in Seabrook !

One more party and it's good bye baby !!!

Any way we have selected a great replacement until we go , I'm starting the second home in November and expect completion by May 2010 .





A view from the Club House to main pool.


Main Pool.

Club House.



Club House.


My new view from the "small" back porch.




This trail leads to a center core with grill and tables , also lighted.





Different angle.



Our "New" porch , not quite what I'm used too !!!!!



The presentation at the office is wonderful but these apartment's are not F.E.M.A. trailers and pricey, really wish I could skip this part of relocating .



Only one comfort of home is the attached garage .


When you have reached a time in your life ,when you can get the hell out of Dodge with everything ya own and be able to just move in and go !
You are living the good life !


and that the way it's gonna to be for a while ,guess i need to start a countdown clock ,
cheers
.bb





3 comments:

  1. Went thru that experience of downsizing after 35 years. Unfortunately I will be in this apartment until my wife retires (one of those things about 6 years difference in age).

    It's OK cause I am drawing our new house (on 4th change at least 1 more to go). Did a lot of building in my head. Haven't decided on location yet. That may force another change.

    I can understand your looking forward to November!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks TexasMan,

    yea this part sucks ,spending money for something you don't own. It's killing me !!!

    but a necessary part of the process.

    good luck on your end

    cheers!

    .bb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on selling your home, in this economy you are very fortunate.

    Your apartment looks like it is in a great setting so I don't think it will be too bad for the couple of months you plan to stay...remember the big picture...what a reward you have coming.

    ReplyDelete